Monthly Archives: May 2012
I am pleased to announce that The Weekend Writer blog has received its first award: the Kreativ Blogger Award. A special thanks to mjgriffor for the nomination, who also has an awesome blog. Be sure to check it out!
In order to accept this award, I must:
1) List 7 interesting things about myself
2) Nominate 7 other bloggers for the award.
Here are 7 Things That Readers (might) Find Interesting About Me:
1) I was a volunteer Firefighter/EMT for four years
2) Love playing acoustic, electric, and 12-string guitar (I also play keyboard)
3) I am the eldest of four boys. The youngest is 12 years my junior
4) Met my wife through a wrong number text message (long story)
5) I was one of the first kids ever to try a Drumstick Supreme Ice Cream (long story short, my mom had worked at the factory where they were first made)
6) Have never broken a bone (hope to keep this record!)
7) Have a collection of hundreds of movie ticket stubs (though our local cinema now issues tickets on receipt paper, of all things!)
7 Blogs I’ve Nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award:
2) David Gaughran of Let’s Get Digital
3) Debbie Maxwell Allen of Writing While The Rice Boils
4) James Gill of The Tech Savvy Writer
5) K.M. Weiland of Wordplay
6) Joanna Penn of The Creative Penn
7) Larry Brooks of StoryFix
A smile. An encouraging word. A thoughtful gesture. Each day people
interact with us, help, and make our day a bit brighter and full. This is especially true in the Writing
Take a second to think about writers you know, like the critique partner who works with you
to improve your manuscript. The writing friend who listens, supports and keeps you strong
when times are tough. The author who generously offers council, advice and inspiration when
So many people take the time to make us feel special, don’t they? They comment on our blogs, re-tweet
our posts, chat with us on forums and wish us Happy Birthday on Facebook.
To commemorate the release of their book The Emotion Thesaurus, Becca and Angela at The Bookshelf
Muse are hosting a TITANIC Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ. And because I think KINDNESS is contagious, I’m participating too!
I am randomly picking mjgriffor,
a fellow writer and blogger. For my ROAK gift, I’d like to offer assistance in critiquing your WIP, Voice of Reason, or other work as needed.
I really appreciate mjgriffor, who blogs at Novels From the Ground Up.
Do you know someone special that you’d like to randomly acknowledge?
Don’t be shy–come join us and celebrate! Send them an email, give them a shout out, or show your
appreciation in another way. Kindness makes the world go round. 🙂
Becca and Angela have a special
RAOK gift waiting
for you as well, so hop on over to The Bookshelf Muse to pick it up.
Have you ever participated in or been the recipient of a Random Act Of Kindness? Let me
know in the comments!